Projekt: The potential of naturally occurring substances and their derivatives in the prevention and management of civilization illnesses and health protection. Short name of the project: PreHealth.
4.10.2023 podaná žiadosť o financovanie z Plánu obnovy a odolnosti
Name of the project:
The potential of naturally occurring substances and their derivatives in the prevention and management of civilization illnesses and health protection
Short name of the project: PreHealth
Identification of the entities involved in the implementation of the project:
|Official name of the entity
|Short name of the entity
|Role in the project
|Institute of Chemistry of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Centre of Biosciences of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Centre of Experimental Medicine of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Biomedical Research Center of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Institute of Zoology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Polymer Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Institute of Molecular Biology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Institute of Parasitology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Plant Science and Biodiversity Centre of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
|Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
|Sitno Pharma, Ltd.
|Institute of Biophysics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
|Masaryk University Brno
The main project objective
is to create a unique research, development and innovation cluster in Slovakia focused on modern health and nutrition based on functional natural substances, harnessing the potential of these natural compounds offering promising avenues for future solutions, and providing potent, natural, and sustainable tools to target various health concerns. This created cluster will simultaneously be capable of online incorporation of new knowledge of world science into its own research with a direct impact on their translation into practice.
Specific project objectives
In order to achieve the main project objective, 7 specific project objectives have been set, each associated with milestones against which to measure project progress. The specific project objectives are as follows:
- Building a functioning TIC PreHealth for independent research and development as well as industrial research and development on the topic „Potential of naturally occurring substances and their derivatives in the prevention and management of civilizational diseases and health protection“ by strengthening the research and innovation capacities of the Slovak partners entering the PreHealth TIC and achievment an acceleration effect by connecting several research and development teams on the common topic and creating plans for sustainability and financing of the TIC at least 5 years after the end of the project.
- Increasing the number of joint research, development and innovation activities and outputs with high innovation potential achieved by partners in the key area of research, natural substances for health, and increasing the ability of Slovak PreHealth TIC partners to enter international projects especially in the European Research Area.
- Strengthening the cooperation of Slovak partners associated in PreHealth TIC by networking with excellent foreign partners (CEITECMU and IBP) and by improvement of their cooperation, and also with other R & D oriented non-profit or commercial entities from Slovakia and Europe by organizing or participating in a number of scientific events, conducting joint research and preparing joint projects EU and worldwide level.
- Defining research and innovation priorities and topics in the field of natural substances for health in PreHealth TIV with the ambition to become one of the pillars for the transformation and innovation of the Slovak economy towards the efficient and rapid use of knowledge of modern R & D in society.
- Utilization of the already existing research and innovation infrastructure of Slovakian PreHealth TIC partners, such as its modernization and establishment of a new one, in accordance with the focus of the project on research in the field of natural substances and their derivatives for health, in accordance with strategic documents related to innovation in research and the transition to a knowledge-based economy on both national and European level and within the framework of linking the project’s activities to the European Research Area, and at the same time in accordance with the long-term visions of the applicant and Slovakian PreHealth TIC partners.
- Increasing cooperation with the private sector to improve technology transfer through international patents and licenses, improve entrepreneurial skills and increase private investment in research, development, and innovation within the PreHealth TIC.
- Increasing the quality and development of human resources at PreHealth TIC partners in the field of independent as well as industrial research and development oriented on PreHelath TIC key R & D activities by involving young scientists (doctoral students or postdocs) in modern research and development work, organizing of training courses in the form of short-term exchange stays and summer schools, their mentoring by experts at partners or at other institutions from the EU. Creating platforms for live contact of young talented PreHealth TIC researchers with experts in the European research and development area by building a networks and project consortia with leading international/national institutions and the private sector.